Tuesday 10 February 2009

Critical analysis Faber and Faber 10/02/2009

Using the website http://ilovetypography.com/ I have had many ideas for this brief, the website is very helpful and has many useful links, tutorials and examples of high-end type design.

As the books are not just of film scripts, the design I create must fit across a whole range of different genres and titles. As I have chosen to create five film covers I will have different age groups to be target, depending on the story line and the films age certificate, knowing this, i have to creatively use typography to attract a large age group range effectively.

For my initial ideas I have been experimenting with type and different typefaces, so far both ideas for my Becks project and for the Faber project have been very similar, as I have chosen to use type for both. I want to create a simple yet eye-catching design for the book covers, which as are all from the same series. They must be consistent and instantly recognizable to the consumer/reader. My final outcome for this brief will be a folder of research; initial ideas and development drawings; printed designs and the final cover art.

No comments:

Post a Comment